Scheurich is one of the few factories still surviving and turning out quality ceramics. In 1928 the company was founded by Alois Scheurich and a relative Fridolin Greulich in Schneeberg near Amorbach and moved 10 years later to Kleinheubach, just south of Frankfurt. In 1954 Scheurich stopped with the production of household ceramics and began to concentrate on vases and flowerpots among other, more decorative ceramics. By keeping prices low and constantly changing colors to meet an altering public taste, Scheurich thrived. Although they often used the same molds, the designs were changed on a regular basis. For the collector, sport is to acquire as many colors and patterns possible from the same mold. The larger floor vases still remain in the higher priced category as from many of them produced between 1950 and 1980 there were never more than 500 made. Best designers were o.a. Heinz Siery and A. Seidel. Oswald Kleudgen was their most important designer for glazes. The company still enjoys international fame.